Friday 2 September 2011

Little Magical Marvellous Miss M

We read this book during Book Week:


Violet calls me Marvellous.
My real name is Marvin.
Mum reckons me and Violet are like two peas in a pod. It's true. We go together like fish and chips, hops and skips, the OO in Moo.
We lived next door to each other until, one day, Violet left and went to the moon.

The book is about a friendship between Violet and Marvin. We liked the book because of the messages about friendship:

  • Boys and girls can be friends and play together.
  • Friendships last even when you are far away from each other.
  • When you get to see each other again- you can pick up right where you left off.
  • Special friends have a good influence on us. Marvin's imagination grew from having Violet as his friend.
Mrs Wilson liked the book because it shows how resilient friendships can be and because the chook was called T-Rex (Tiffany Rex)...

This book had special meaning for us because Miss M is moving interstate at the end of term. 

Miss M has a good influence on us. We noticed how she is a terrific leader because she is 'inclusive' which means that she always tries to include everyone during group work and play. We also love her spontaneous dance performances! We are going to celebrate the wonderful times we've had together at a class party on the last day of term.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a marvelous book and such a great message about friends! My 2 friends and I called ourselves the peas in a pod because we always did things together and when I left to go overseas we each had a pea soft toy to keep - mine was sewn to my backpack to remind me of my wonderful friends!
    p.s. Yes Mrs Wilson, our fraction mice were inspired by Ed!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete