1. Collect 23 empty shoe boxes.
2. Take the class to the computer lab armed with their busy books and a pencil ready to do a Bing or Google search on a country of their choice.
3. Warn class that the EQ firewall will block out about 50% of their searches but to hang in there...
4. Suggest a few reliable websites such as Kids National Geographic and horror of horrors- Wikipedia (helps with creative commons)!
5. Tell class that they should note the flag and landscape of their country.
6. Set them free to design and label their dioramas in their books and write up lists of tools and materials that they will need.
7. Voila! Now the real fun can start...
|Joel's Chinese diorama|
|Lauren's Italian diorama|
|Georgia K's Mexican diorama|
What a wonderful Mexican diorama. Can you see the amazing Mexican flag and delicious taco?
|Tyson's South African Diorama|
|Nellie's South African Diorama|
|Bella's Japanese Diorama|
|Georgia S's Venetian Diorama|
|Toby's UAE Diorama|